SLNYC Reopens Nominations
Written by Radio Caribbean International on February 9, 2022
The Saint Lucia National Youth Council (SLNYC), a democratic, independent, non-governmental organization made up of youth and student organizations reopens nominations for positions to Executive Board for the tenure 2021 – 2023.
The Executive Board comprises seven positions namely:
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- General Secretary
- Assistant General Secretary
- Public Relations Officer
Youth and Student Organizations are therefore invited to nominate competent young people to fill in the various positions on or before the stipulated deadline of Wednesday 23rd February 2022.
Once candidates are confirmed, a public press conference will be held to showcase the individuals contesting each position and one round of televised presidential debates will take place. The date for the SLNYC General Assembly and Elections is slated for Saturday 19th March 2022.
Nomination forms as well as other relevant documentation can be sourced using the following links or at the SLNYC Headquarters in the William Peter Boulevard, Castries or through the District Youth and Sports Councils.
Nomination Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xwwPgnSDQoA2Fb3LpbqA6ezdv3yxF8qm/view?usp=sharing
Character Reference Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y_dhFGDvpuYhMZec0h5KwWXvFOPLBn6X/view?usp=sharing
Electoral Regulations: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1464vZ4n21Cd-RQvVF_Qe_98Yco2ik7UZ/view?usp=sharing
Interested persons are to note the following eligibility criteria for being nominated. The nominee for any position on the SLNYC Executive must be:
- Between the age of 18 and 35
- A registered member of a youth organization registered under a District Youth and Sports Council in accordance with the SLNYC Constitution (Article 3: Membership) or,
- A member of a recognized youth-led organization registered with the SLNYC or the Ministry of Youth Development and Sports.
- The nominees are responsible for ensuring that all documents and information required to determine that their nomination have met the conditions set out in the Electoral Regulations be submitted by the stipulated deadline. Incomplete or late nominations will be rejected.
Please provide copies of the following documents where applicable.
- Completed nomination form
- A short manifesto/ statement of intent
- A passport sized photo of nominee
- A certificate of character
- A copy of a CV
- Two-character references forms
- Any relevant supporting documents
Please submit nominations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Election process is managed by an independent Electoral Committee. The Committee seeks to improve the overall process of elections for the organization by presenting a truly nation-wide opportunity for young people to participate in the affairs of its main representative organization. Amid calls for revamping the organization, reviewing its structure and constitution, it is recognized that the quality of leadership of the organization is key to its proper function. Therefore, the role of the Electoral Committee shall be to ensure a fair, transparent, participatory but highly professional approach to electing the next crop of leaders for the organization.