Saint Lucia records cases #95, #96 and #97 of COVID-19
Written by Radio Caribbean International on November 3, 2020
This afternoon, Tuesday November 3, 2020 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of an additional three cases of COVID-19. This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 97.
- Case #95 is a 19 year old female from the Laborie district
- Case #96 is a 34 year old male from the Dennery district
- Case #97 is a 21 year old male from the Castries district
All of the three cases, following testing for COVID-19, were placed in quarantine awaiting their results. One of these cases was identified through the contact tracing process and an epidemiological link has been established for one case. Case #97 is linked to case #73. As per protocol, arrangements have been made for the transfer of these individuals into care at the Respiratory Hospital. These additional cases bring the number of active cases currently in country to 65.
Contact tracing of these additional cases is currently on-going as efforts continue to contain the spread of the virus.
In the interim the Ministry of Health takes this opportunity to once again remind the public to:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when handwashing is not possible
- Wear a face mask while in public
- Maintain a separation of six feet from others which is about two arm’s length apart
- Seek medical care if experiencing respiratory symptoms which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.
For more information please contact the Office of the Chief Medical Officer or the Epidemiology Unit, at 468-5309/468-5317 respectively